PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR PLATFORM
These terms tell the user of our website (“you”) about the rules for using our website, www.optunli.com (“our site”) and/or our software, Optunli (“our software”) (together “our platform”).
1. Who we are and how to contact us
The Optunli platform is operated by Vennpoint Ltd (“we“, “us”, “our”). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 09740948 and have our registered office at 16 Beaufort Court Admirals Way, Docklands, London, England, E14 9XL.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
2. How our platform works
Optunli is a software system that enables individuals to identify relevant job and project opportunities that are available at a set time and in the future within organisations that choose to place these opportunities on Optunli.
Optunli for individuals
Individuals represent themselves in the system and as such you are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your data.
Creating a profile with false information is against our terms and the access to and use of our system will be terminated.
You are responsible for your profile information as well as any updates to this information.
If aa company has paid for you to become a member of their Community they have the right to control access. The company may also specify a separate policy of use and have reports on your data, such as your preferences. However, aa company will not have the right to see your personal account.
Optunli for companies
Companies find individuals for opportunities that are currently available and planned.
Companies are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completeness of any data entered.
Creating a company a profile with false information or creating opportunities with misleading information is against our terms and access to and use of our system will be terminated.
These Terms of Service describe your rights and responsibilities when using the Optunli platform (the “Services”). Please read them carefully. If you are a Customer (defined below), these Customer Terms govern your access and use of our Services. If you are being invited to a company’s Optunli Community set up by a Customer, the User Terms of Service (the “User Terms”) govern your access to and use of the Services.
These “Terms” Form a Part of a Binding “Contract”
These Terms (or, if applicable, your written agreement with us) and any Order Form(s) together form a binding “Contract” between Customer and us.
Your Agreement On Behalf of “Customer”
If you purchase subscription(s), create a company (i.e., a digital space where a group of users may access the Services), invite users to that company, or use or allow use of that company after being notified of a change to these Terms, you acknowledge your understanding of the then-current Contract and agree to the Contract on behalf of Customer. Please make sure you have the necessary authority to enter into the Contract on behalf of Customer before proceeding.
CUSTOMER CHOICES AND INSTRUCTIONS
Who is “Customer”?
“Customer” is the company or organization that you represent in agreeing to the Contract. If your company is being set up by someone who is not formally affiliated with your company, Customer is the individual creating the company. For example, if you signed up using a personal email address and invited a couple of friends to work on a new startup idea but haven’t formed a company yet, you are the Customer.
Individuals are invited to be a member of a company’s community within Optunli. When an individual has accepted an invitation they become members of that community and are Authorised Company Users that are accounted for in the number of users included in the subscription agreement.
Signing Up Using a Corporate Email Domain
If you signed up for a plan using your corporate email domain, your organization is Customer, and Customer can modify and re-assign roles in your company (including your role) and otherwise exercise its rights under the Contract. If Customer elects to replace you as the representative with ultimate authority for the company, we will provide you with notice following such election and you agree to take any actions reasonably requested by us or Customer to facilitate the transfer of authority to a new representative of Customer.
A subscription allows an Authorized User to access the Services. No matter the role, a subscription is required for each Authorized Company User. An Authorised Company User is someone a company or organisation invites to be part of their Optunli Community and is known as a member of that community. A subscription may be procured through the Services interface, or in some cases, via an order form entered into between Customer and us (each, an “Order Form”). Please see the Help Center for more information on procuring subscriptions and inviting new Authorized Users. Each Authorized User must agree to the User Terms to activate their subscription. Subscriptions commence when we make them available to Customer and continue for the term specified in the Services “check-out” interface or in the Order Form, as applicable. Each subscription is for a single Authorized User for a specified term and is personal to that Authorized User. We sometimes enter into other kinds of ordering arrangements, but that would need to be spelled out and agreed to in an Order Form. During an active subscription term, adding more subscriptions is fairly easy. Unless the Order Form says otherwise, Customer may purchase more subscriptions at the same price stated in the Order Form and all will terminate on the same date. Check out our Help Center pages for additional information on setting up a company and assigning roles.
Sharing of opportunities
We enable sharing of opportunities via a web link to that opportunity. You are solely responsible for providing any additional information.
3. By signing up to join our platform you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not sign up to join or use our platform.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
4. There are other terms that may apply to you
If you are a user , the contract entered into between you and us setting out the terms of your membership will also apply.
5. We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. If we make any material amendments to these terms, we will give you notice of such amendments when you next log in to use our platform.
Every time you log in to use our platform, please check these terms to ensure that you understand the terms that apply at that time.
6. We may make changes to our platform
We may update and change our platform from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our members’ needs and/or our business priorities.
7. We may suspend or withdraw our platform
If you are an individual member, membership of our platform is free of charge.
If you are an Authorised Company User access to our platform is subject to payment of the charges as set out in the contract referenced in paragraph 3 above.
We do not guarantee that our platform, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our platform for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
8. You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. How you may use material on our platform
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our platform, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our platform for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your company to content posted on our platform.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our platform must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our platform (including but not limited to taking any images contained on the platform, copying any ideas and any content) for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
10. Do not rely on information on our platform
The content on our platform is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content on our platform.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our platform, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our platform is accurate, complete or up to date.
11. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
12. Member-generated content is not approved by us
Our platform may include information and materials uploaded by other members of our platform. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other members on our platform do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other members please contact us on email@example.com.
You may use our platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use our platform:
- if you are under 16 years of age;
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards (as defined below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our platform;
- any equipment or network on which our platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
14. Uploading content to our platform
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our platform, or to make contact with other members of our platform, you must comply with the content standards in this paragraph 13 (“Content Standards”).
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our platform (“Contribution”).
These Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Vennpoint Ltd will determine, in its sole discretion, whether a Contribution breaches these Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Vennpoint Ltd, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
You warrant that any Contribution does comply with the above Content Standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our platform will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties in accordance with these terms and any other documents referred to in these terms.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our platform constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our platform if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the Content Standards set out above.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
15. Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
When you upload or post content to our platform, you grant us rights to use that content:
- in accordance with the member preferences which you have selected when creating and updating your profile on our platform;
- to provide you with any services you have requested, for example to match you with other members or job prospects;
- to put you in contact with other members where have you expressly requested that we do so; and
16. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our platform will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our platform. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our platform, the server on which our platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our platform. You must not attack our platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our platform will cease immediately.
17. Rules about linking to our site
You may link to the home page of our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are an individual or a company:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a company:
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability may apply to any liability arising under the contract between you and us referred to in paragraph 3, as set out in such contract.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our platform or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our platform; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our platform.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are an individual:
- Please note that we only provide our platform for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our platform for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
19. How we may use your personal information
20. Breach of these terms
When we consider that a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our platform;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our platform;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
21. Cancelling your membership
If you are an individual user, both you and we may cancel your membership of our platform at any time by closing your account.
If you are aa company, your rights to cancel your membership will be as set out in the contract between you and us referred to in paragraph 3 above.
22. Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
23. Our trade marks are registered
“OPTUNLI” and “optunli” and “Life shaped careers” are UK registered trade marks of Vennpoint Ltd. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.